NAME Corey Wayne
Bachelor of Arts in Education (Media Studies, English) 1992 – 1994
Edith Cowan University Mount Lawley
Bachelor of Education (English) 1995
Edith Cowan University Mount Lawley
Utilising my English and Media Studies skills acquired at University and in the workforce, I have been successful in a number of increasingly involved and creative Marketing roles eventually encompassing Video Production, Print and Web Design as well as high‐level Technical Writing for software and engineering products by Small, Medium and International businesses.
My career objective going forward is to bring more than 20 years experience to a challenging and fulfilling role for a company with vision and commendable products and services.
Self Employed – Consultant Ongoing Throughout the last several years, I have taken on various consultant projects from home; mostly in Technical Writing, Copywriting and Proofreading. These projects have included work for iWorld Creative, Central Data and ESSA Australia.
In 2015, I was subcontracted by BidWrite, Leederville to work with ISS Australia in Balcatta on their $400M tender for Rio Tinto Iron Ore. Over an 11 week contract, I was responsible for writing several tender sections, designing and creating diagrams for the tender response and reviewing and editing the entire tender for ISS. Working with other writers and the team at ISS, I helped to design the format and look of the tender response and ensure a high level of quality and a consistent tone.
Veris Australia ‐ Digital Communications Officer (DCO)
As DCO my responsibilities encompassed oversight and maintenance of the company Intranet and website; establishment, management and maintenance of the company’s social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google+; document control on the Intranet and web in conjunction with the HSEQ and Executive Department; creation and digital distribution of marketing collateral including brochures, posters, advertisements, merchandise etc; and analysis and reporting of website and Intranet traffic, as well as social media indicators.
Other duties performed were live event and supplied video production and editing; creation and distribution of Investor and client newsletters; maintenance of client and subscriber databases; proofreading and copy editing for business development tenders and presentations; and maintenance of the company style guide, stationery and sundry document templates, including email signatures.
Highlights of my achievements in the role include:
- Assisted in the rebrand of OTOC Limited to Veris; helping to introduce the new name to the market with communications, social media, website content and other advertisements.
- Creation and management of a social media presence for the rebranded company; on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn including the creation of ongoing content for distribution.
- Taking the number of LinkedIn followers from the 100s to over 5,000. At peak, the LinkedIn page was gaining over 20 followers per day.
- Creation of a new style of imagery for the company, taking the corporate theme from black & white to a mixture of high contrast black & white and vibrant colour. Examples of this visual style can be viewed in my portfolio.
- Overseeing and producing in conjunction with third party developers, the creation of the first company Intranet for Veris; plus maintaining the Intranet with fresh content for staff engagement and creating useful web parts such as Office Locations and quick links using HTML.
- Production of multimillion‐dollar tender documents which successfully laid out the capabilities of the company and other information to bring some iconic projects to Veris; including the Melbourne Metropolitan and Sydney Light Rail transportation networks.
- Production of several promotional and informational videos for the Veris Australia YouTube channel.
- Creation of original recruitment advertising to attract talent from New Zealand.
Relief Teacher – Applecross and Jolimont Primary Schools AUG 2015 – OCT 2015
At Applecross PS and Jolimont PS during the third term of 2015, I taught various school years across a number of classrooms as well as specialty subjects; including Art and Physical Education.
Kestral Computing – Marketing & Documentation Team Leader OCT 2007 – APR 2015
Initially employed as Technical Writer for the company’s flagship Radiology Information System, I was promoted to Marketing Team Leader soon after my 3 month probation due to the skills and ideas I outlined to the CEO and my direct Manager.
Over my almost eight years at Kestral, I further enhanced my Marketing skills by developing Graphic Design and Web/HTML knowledge along with the use of several software packages including Adobe Creative Suite, Sony Vegas, Visio, VisualStudio and various internal CRM and Radiology products.
During my time as team leader, my achievements included;
- Complete redesign of the company website (www.kestral.com.au) ; including all modified HTML, all custom artwork, all copy and all downloadable collateral. The redesign led to a notable drop in the large bounce rate of the previous website, as per the stated intention. Other Google Analytic data, such as unique visits, page visit numbers, time spent on pages etc also trended positively.
- Establishment of a consistent brand image for Kestral utilising the existing company logo and corporate colours as well as updating the style guidelines and creating print collateral for products, services and trade show events.
- Implementing the company’s first ever digital eNewsletter, as well as designing and writing the quarterly letter and distributing it to clients.
- Design and creation of various printed materials ranging from brochures and flyers to 3m wide posters and trade show stands/banners.
- Scripting, filming, production and editing of a series of demonstration videos which were incorporated into a Flash presentation given to visitors at Tradeshows on Kestral branded USBs commissioned by me.
- Creation of comprehensive CHM Help for the company’s flagship Radiology Information System, Karisma.
- Setting up of the company Social Media platforms on Twitter, Facebook and WordPress, as well as writing WordPress content marketing pieces.
- Design of various technical diagrams using Photoshop and InDesign to create a simple representation of often high-level concepts. These diagrams were used in the PowerPoint presentations I created or collaborated on for sales prospects or Tender presentations to organisations as large as Queensland Health.
- Design, proofing and coordination of often very large tender documents to Healthcare and Leisure organisations on behalf of Kestral and Centaman respectively. Other organisations involved in tender cross-coordination have included large hospital groups and multinational corporation Philips.
- Design and coordination of printing requirements for letterheads, with compliments slips, branded gifts and other collateral for Kestral staff, clients and prospects.
CommtechWireless – Copywriter JUN 2004 – OCT 2007
My role at CommtechWireless was to work with a Marketing Manager, Graphic Designer and a Database Coordinator in the in-house Marketing Department to produce newsletters, direct mail, website content, brochures, tenders, award submissions, press releases and technical documents. At CommtechWireless, my major achievements included:
- Proofing and assisting in coordination of a $US1M tender to the United States White House.
- Several successful submissions to Awards; including the Information and Communications Technology Export Award in 2003, the C.Y. O’Connor Award for Excellence in Engineering and Technology on behalf of Commtech CEO Nathan Buzza and the $10,000 2005 Panasonic Australia Business Award.
- Consistent quality of copy for both the printed and electronic versions of the Commtech newsletters.
- Maintenance and updating of copy for the company website (formally http://www.commtechwireless.com.au).
Atwell Primary School – Relief Teacher FEB 2003 – Jun 2004
At Atwell Primary School, then the largest PS in WA, I experienced a vast array of learning environments from Kindergarten to Year 7. Along with regular classroom teaching in often spontaneous and unplanned situations, I was tasked with taking specialist subjects such as Music, Japanese, Art and Physical Education. Teaching relief at a primary school is a very good way to learn how to think on your feet and work to tight schedules; skills I took with me to my next job at Commtech. While at Atwell Primary School, highlights included:
- Implementing a TV journalism project for a Year 3 class who were able to produce their own news report.
- Assisting with the learning of several at-risk students.
- Working with a Year 5 class for the length of a whole term, enabling me to plan entire projects and ten weeks worth of lesson plans based on the curriculum.
- Volunteering for after-school clubs programs in Creative Writing, where I taught story and poetry writing to children from Year 3 – 7.
BusinessSuite Australia – Technical and Copywriter JUN 1998 – DEC 2002
BusinessSuite Australia was a small software developer responsible for the comprehensive Accounting package, BusinessSuite. My role involved writing all of the HTML/CHM help for BusinessSuite as well as User’s Guides, Tender and Award submissions, web content and brochure collateral. While at BusinessSuite, highlights included:
- Winning the Channel 9 Small Business Award based on the product as well as Marketing collateral I produced for BusinessSuite.
- Writing, Designing and Producing the company’s first ever brochure; in consultation with a professional photographer to commission a special effects front page.
- Writing my first major Help file consisting of over 500 pages of information on using the BusinessSuite accounting program.
ComputerTelevision – Video Scriptwriter FEB 1995 – DEC 1995
After graduating from University, I utilised my creative writing and video skills to work for ComputerTelevision; a local producer of training videos on Microsoft Office and other major software programs. Highlights of my time at ComputerTelevision were:
- Writing the Advanced training script for Microsoft Word; enabling me to learn the highest functions of the program as well as further develop my scriptwriting capabilities.
- Writing and co-directing a video on What’s New in Office 95 filmed on location at Sails restaurant in Fremantle. On location shoots are challenging but highly enjoyable.
Miscellaneous Work 1987 – 1994
- Kmart Autos Kwinana – Casual
- Coles Woolstores – Dairy 2IC
- Coles Kardinya – Grocery Management Cadet
- Woolworths Kwinana – Nightfill (while attending University).
- Foodland Nedlands – Dairy Manager
- Burswood Rent-a-Car – Salesperson
Training And Courses Completed
- First Aid Certificate
- Fire Warden Training
- Radio Announcers Course
- HTML Basics
- Various Education Department PD Courses
Computer and Software Skills
- Microsoft Word (Expert)
- Microsoft Excel (Good)
- Microsoft Expression Web (Expert)
- Microsoft Visio (Very Good)
- Microsoft Visual Studio (Good)
- Photoshop CS3 (Expert)
- InDesign CS3 (Expert)
- Illustrator CS3 (Good)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional (Expert)
- Adobe Dreamweaver (Good)
- Sony Vegas (Expert)
- Senior High School Media Award 1989
- Several winning submissions to WAITTA on behalf of CommtechWireless